©Verte Photography All Rights Reserved

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Treats

Today, I am so please to turn over the blog to Melanie from Violet's Buds. I have introduced her to you prior because of her shop... and her incredible creations... but today she's sharing this super sweet treat with us - that I must say, I think I am going to ask for tonight! It's simple enough my husband and daughter can do it all by themselves!

I hope you try too! Oh, and btw, Melanie has her own blog - you should check her out!
http://violetsbuds.blogspot.com

Now... enjoy!
Chocolate & sour cream. Doesn't sound good does it? My husband decided he wanted this cake for his birthday. I promise that this "cake" is good-- and super easy to make.
You will need: 1 pkg, 10 count, large flour tortillas 1 bag, 12 oz, semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips 16 oz sour cream 1/4 c confectioners sugar
I also added 1 tbs coconut oil, and a splash each of vanilla & cinnamon extracts, but that is optional.
Start by melting the chocolate chips in a double boiler. Since I used dark chocolate chips I added the tbs of coconut oil to help it melt smoothly. Once the chocolate is melted (this can take awhile), add the confectioners sugar while stirring. Remove from heat and slowly add sour cream, a few spoonfuls at a time at first, and stir until integrated completely. You'll end up with a lovely thick chocolate mixture.
Start assembling the cake by spreading the chocolate-sour cream mixture on a flour tortilla. Place the next tortilla on top, and continue spreading the chocolate-sour cream mix. Repeat until you are out of tortillas.
Cover the layer cake and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (overnight is best) before serving.
Its rich and tangy and addictive. Enjoy!

I am happily married and a stay at home mom of an energetic toddler. In my spare time, I like to read, garden, coupon, scrapbook, and take photographs. I am passionate about animal rescue, and enjoy fundraising and event planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment