©Verte Photography All Rights Reserved

Friday, May 31, 2013

Don't forget Violet, Too!

Do you know that song... it plays over and over in my head...
Red, orange, yellow, green, blue... and don't forget Violet too! 


 Today, I'm not really talking about rainbows or cute little mice with songs that you can't get out of your head... nope... I am introducing you to an AMAZING shop owner who very generously offered up a prize for my birthday giveaway. During which time I feel like I got to know her, and her shop so much more and I can't wait to share more about her with you!

Violet's Buds


Violet's Buds, named after her daughter was officially started in 2011. After wanting way too many cute hair accessories for her daughter, owner Melanie decided to try to make them herself. Quickly hooked she began making accessories for her nieces, and as gifts. At the encouragement of her friends and family she opened shop, and have been enjoying it every since.  Melanie enjoys what she does because she is a SAHM, and needs that creative outlet, like so many others do. Her shop allows her to be creative, and flexible with her schedule. Working along side her is business namesake Violet, who gets to be introduced to different patterns, colors and textures of fabric! Which only inspires Melanie more!



While her top selling item may be the custom fabric jewelry sets she offers which includes bracelet, ring and hair clip, I personally have fallen head over heels in love with her photo props and headbands.

Melanie is most proud of the fact that she found something she likes to do and has stuck with it! When I asked her about it she said, "I'm happy to say that I am learning new things from both the crafty side & business side of things. I love meeting new crafty friends!" As for her advice for a new business or shop owner, Melanie encourages them to, "Plan on spending as much time, if not more, on marketing, advertising, and other business tasks as you do on creating your products. It is a somewhat daunting task, but can be a lot of fun too! Finding a few like minded groups of crafters/businesses that work together to build each other up (rather than compete) has been the best part of this venture for me." 

GREAT ADVICE! I couldn't agree more!


Part of what I love about Violet's Buds is that each item is unique and handmade, many pieces are one of a kind, and have vintage or upcycled elements to them! Melanie talks more about how she likes to be green in her blog post here. http://violetsbuds.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-are-you-green.html 


I LOVE it when a business has a green side!

What's new in the shop? Melanie currently has several new "Dolly & Me" sets which include a hair clip for both your little girl and her dolly. The sets are also good for Mommy & Me, and for sisters! HOW CUTE IS THAT!

Plus in July husband (and shop owner of Gipson Wands) is joining her at the Strawberry Swing Indie Craft Fair in Kansas City .They LOVE meeting fans and customers in person so this is your chance!!! Pack up the kids and head out for a super fun time! They also have a special something planned when they reach 10K Facebook fans... so you better jump in and like that page, I have a feeling it will be AWESOME! https://www.facebook.com/violetsbuds
I asked Melanie What is the craziest (PG) thing you have ever done? Her response, "I bought a house with a guy that I had only dated for 3 months. That was 10 years ago, and we are still in the same house, and will have been happily married for 8 years in September."  That might also be the sweetest thing ever said! awwww!

One last thing, before I tell you to check out all her fab links... I want to point out, all of these images are Melanie's. She is not only crafty, but quite the accomplished photographer as well! I LOVE that!

Links you MUST check out!
http://violetsbuds.blogspot.com/
pinterest.com/goobers18/violets-buds/
http://violetsbuds.storenvy.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/violetsbuds
http://wanelo.com/violetsbuds
https://www.facebook.com/violetsbuds
http://twitter.com/violetsbuds

2 comments:

  1. I love Violet's Buds! Such a fantastic shop and phenomenal customer service!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the nice feature!

    ReplyDelete