©Verte Photography All Rights Reserved

Monday, January 6, 2014

Retrospect

ret·ro·spect [re-truh-spekt]

1.contemplation of the past; a survey of past time, events, etc.


Example: in retrospect, in looking back on past events; upon reflection: It was, in retrospect, the happiest day of her life.
 There are moments in everyone's life that you hold close to your heart. Big events are easily remembered and often captured in film or digital such as weddings, births, graduations... and even vacations. Many of us forget to capture smaller moments, everyday moments. Even moments on those days we would rather forget. 
This happens to be an image from one of those days. It was a day in October, and we were vacationing in San Diego. We had a brilliant trip, and this is my mom taking my then one year old to step foot in the Pacific Ocean for the first time. It wasn't a planned shoot, we were just walking on the beach enjoying life. I think this image really captures the moment. When I look back to that day and reflect on this image I remember how peaceful that time with my family was. 

VERTETIP: Change your perspective. This image wouldn't be nearly as cool to me if it was a full body. By keeping it limited to feet I feel that it gives a more unique feel and captures more of the simplicity and discovery of that moment.   

No comments:

Post a Comment