©Verte Photography All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday Tip

I thought it would be fun to include a weekly post on something photography related!

To kick it off I thought I would offer a few bits of advice for a small business owner... or crafter who is promoting yourself or your items.

 Nothing grabs someone's attention faster then a solid striking image.

What makes a striking image? This depends on the buyer, but here are a few product facts that tend to do well for my clients...

Bright Colors, and Detailed Images
Simple, Clean, Unique Perspectives
Multiple Images, Multiple Backgrounds, Showcase the Product! 


The nitty gritty... it comes down to nice backgrounds, good lighting and a great lens. You need all 3 to have a productive product image. If your images are not clear people simply wont buy them online... they really want to see the front, back, side, buttons, and details!

For my clients, I try to include all angles, a full product view and several detail shots. I don't charge per image, but rather per product so I can always be sure to give you several options! This is also nice so you can update with a new image to refresh your store without paying to have new images shot!

Lastly, don't try to do it all. You can be the best artist in the world, but know your limitations... if you don't understand f-stops, types of lenses, lighting... all things that play into great product images... just let someone who knows do it for you! Do what you do best... and let a professional (or even an experienced friend do it for you) This will save you a huge amount of time and energy!

Disclaimer: of course I offer product images - and I would LOVE your business! However I do live in reality, and I want to see businesses succeed! If you can't or wont send it to me... that's OK! Send it to me, or let someone else do it... just get it done - and done right!

No comments:

Post a Comment