©Verte Photography All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Blogtember!

I don't jump on the "blog" wagon very often for challenges and such... but I am sure you noticed a sever drop in my posts this summer! While I am prepping some great holiday tips and more photography "how to's" and my technical posts that take up some time, I thought you would enjoy a month of "getting to know me"

While I don't promise to hit each day, or topic, or that I wont put my own "spin" on it... I was told my blog was "lonely". I think the word my friend was looking for was "neglected" so to satisfy my friend, and all of you... this seems like a great opportunity!



Today's Challenge: Tuesday, Sept. 3: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

I am a Colorado Native, my family is from Germany, Ireland, and Czechoslovakia.
I grew up in Alaska
I was told often that challenges in our life "build character".
You had to be tough to survive in our family, even going to the grocery store was an adventure.
It was not uncommon for a moose to block your path, or be sleeping at your bus stop... we had an "excused" absence when that happened. 

I started in the photography industry getting a job as a telemarketer.
I am still friends with people I worked with there, some 20 years later.
I have been held up at gun point and my retail store robbed.
I have ducked under a jacket from "flying puke" after a night of dancing and drinking with friends.
I have dodged projectile baby vomit. No one ever told me how those skills from crazy drinking nights would prepare you for motherhood.

I have never been the mom (thankfully) with the out of control or screaming baby on an airplane.
I have however had my child puke on another passenger, when she got motion sickness.
So fun.

My version of the song "I have been everywhere".... I have been to....
Colorado, Alaska, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, Montana, Oregon, California, Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia,  South and North Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi.... I've been everywhere... I've been to... Virgina, West Virgina, D.C., Maryland, British Columbia, Alberta, the Yukon, Cabo, Puerto Vellerta, Mazatlan, Cancun... and oh yea... Miami, Florida and Key West.

It might have been faster to say where I haven't been.

My Favorite "southern" saying "Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya"

I have loved, lost, played, and drank with the best of them.. now while many of my friends are sending their kids to college.. I am sending mine to first grade.

My friends, are my family.

One more thing, I don't know where it was so ingrained into my sister and I, but in our family you could not talk to a relative for years and years... yet help them with anything if they called you out of the blue. That's just how we are.



No comments:

Post a Comment